- Turn off background applications – Whatsapp, Telegram, other file synchronising apps like Google Drive Desktop App, etc. (Technical user can use Netstat command to find out active channels)
- Be in direct line of sight of your router.
- Use LAN cable if possible.
- Reduce the resolution of your webcam. Change to 360 instead of 720.
- Ensure that other people are not using network-intensive services simultaneously (Youtube, Video Call, etc.)
- Do an internet speed test (speedtest.net / Google Speed Test) before the event to ensure your internet is working at the bandwidth you are paying for. For example, if my internet plan is one Gbps, I should at least get 700 Mbps.
- Restart your computer before the actual event.
- Restart your router and modem before the actual event (make sure to do it at least 15 minutes before)
Advance (Ignore if you don’t know what I am talking about)
- Use QoS to prioritise your application
- Use QoS to prioritise your computer
- Ensure your antiviruses are updated before the event to avoid downloading during the event
- Ensure your computer is not connected to VPN services unless you are sure your VPN is excellent
- Ensure NAS is not running/downloading intensively
- Use channel allocation for your router to auto-select the best WiFi Channel beforehand
- Check that your router transmission is at the highest power
- If you are using Mesh, make sure you are nearest to the primary node
Leave a Reply